Why should we consume milk and milk products?
- Milk contains what our immune systems need. The milk, especially the colostrum, contains LgA/LgG, lactoferrin and lactoperoxidase and these are what our immune systems need. If not consumed at young ages, the bone density would be low and that may cause bone fractures in older ages especially in women.
- The calcium in milk can meet 15% of the daily intake needed especially by children and young people and it can be directly absorbed. (120 mg calcium /100 ml milk).
- Adolescents that consume less than 200-1500 mg/day calcium will not have the skeleton volume that they will need at later stages of their lives. Daily need of 1300 mg of calcium could be met by one glass of skimmed milk, 1 glass of light yogurt and hard cheese as big as two matchboxes. The calcium in milk can destroy the acid that can cause cancer in intestines and ensures that the digestion system functions healthily.
- Vitamin D is also vital for bone development and milk contains not only Vitamin D but also the growth hormones (0,020 µg Vitamin D/100 ml milk). The calcium in milk can destroy the acid that can cause cancer in intestines and ensures that the digestion system functions healthily.
- The natural flora of milk and milk products contain probiotics that regulate the absorption and excretion systems. That is the reason why the people who consume milk, yogurt and yogurt drink feel sleepy and relaxed.
- It contains B group vitamins. These vitamins play a crucial role in the development of the nerve system and the formation of various vital reactions in the body.
- Lactose provides energy whereas galactose plays an important role in the formation of brain and nerve tissues. Phospholipids in milk fat form the vital parts of the brain and nerve cells.
- Milk also helps prevent the development of cancer. Milk contains various vitamins such as A, B, C, D, E and K and these vitamins are of vital importance for humans. Vitamin A: beneficial for protecting the vision capability and decreases cataract risk Vitamin B: Strengthens memory and protects nerve cells, Vitamin C: Decreases the risk of cancer such as stomach and breast cancer, Vitamin D: Increases resistance to bone fractures. It also protects against colon, breast and ovarian cancers. Vitamin E: Fights against those that are destructive for cells and makes these ineffective. It protects against Alzheimer. Vitamin K: Protects bones and ensures blood coagulation.
- It is known that milk also contains what is called Acetyl Carnitine (which prevents the aging of the brain). Thus, the aging of the brain is prevented.